How will you visit the Dom Tower?
A visit to the Dom Tower always includes a guided tour. Check out our ticket shop for current opening hours along with all available staircase and lift tours.
Opening hours Tourist Information Centre Domplein
Every day from 10.00 – 5.00 pm
The Dom Tower is closed on Christmas Day,
New Year’s Day and King’s Day on 27 April.
Who’s joining you up the Dom?
As we want everyone to have fun, please observe our general rules and conditions when visiting the Dom Tower.
- You can only visit the tower accompanied by one of our expert guides. Entry is at your own risk.
- It is important to comply with all guidance and directions.
- The organisation reserves the right to deny access to the Dom Tower, for instance, if someone is under the influence of alcohol or narcotics or disruptive.
- As the Dom Tower is a historic location, we kindly ask you to respect the building and its environment. Visitors will be held accountable for any damage or theft on their part.
- It is strictly prohibited to eat, drink or smoke in the tower.
- Throwing objects from the tower is extremely dangerous and prohibited.
- You are not allowed to bring any materials, luggage, bags or handbags up the tower. Equipment such as tripods, selfie sticks and camera bags is also prohibited.
- Safely store your personal items in one of our lockers. You are allowed to bring your camera up the tower. Back and front baby carriers are also permitted.
- Except for service dogs, pets are not allowed inside the Dom Tower.
- Parents and guardians are responsible and accountable for their children’s behaviour.
- Teachers and supervisors are responsible and accountable for the behaviour of every group member they bring to the Dom Tower.
- Admission is for the date and time stated on the ticket. Late arrivals automatically forfeit their tickets. We cannot grant access to a later tour.
- Unused pre-purchased tickets are at your own expense and risk.
- The Dom Tower organisation will not reimburse pre-purchased tickets in case of loss or theft.
Finding the Dom Tower
The Dom Tower is in the centre of Utrecht, about 15 minutes from Utrecht Central Station by foot. Bus line 2 has a stop right outside the tower and the bus departs from the city centre side of the train station. Visiting by bike? Secure parking is available at one of the municipal bicycle facilities. Coming by car? Convenient and affordable parking can be accessed at the P+R just outside the city.Bicycle parking P+R
We follow government guidelines and advice. Please follow the guidance so that all visitors can enjoy a safe visit to the Dom Tower.
The Dom Tower is open all year round. In addition to our regular guided tour and the lift tours in the summer, we regularly organize other activities and special tours in the tower. Check our agenda for more.
Book tickets with ease for your staircase or lift tour in advance via our online ticket shop or the Tourist Information Centre at Domplein 9. This is also the starting point for guided tours of the Dom Tower. Please note: it is not allowed to take (hand) bags into the Dom Tower. We provide free lockers for this.
|Child 13-17 year||€11,00||€10,00|
|Child 4-12 year||€5,50||€5,00|
|Child 0-3 year||gratis||gratis|
|Child 13-17 year||€17,50||€15,00|
|Child 4-12 year||€10,00||-|
|Visitor wheelchair/walker (adult)||€10,00||-|
|Visitor wheelchair/walker (child)||€5,00||-|
|Child 0-3 year||gratis||-|
* basic rates on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays as well as on public holidays and regional school holidays.
Combination tour ‘Under & Up de Dom’
Discover 2000 years of Domplein from top to bottom in 60 minutes. You visit the excavation of DOMunder under the Domplein and then take the stairs or elevator up the Domtoren.
NB! This visit is only given in Dutch!
|Under & Up de Dom (with stairs)||€17,50|
|Under & Up de Dom (with elevator)||€20,00|
Combination Ticket Museum Speelklok – Dom Tower
Get a great deal by purchasing a combination ticket for a visit to both the Dom Tower and Museum Speelklok!
Please note: this combination ticket is valid for 7 days and is not available through our digital ticket shop. Tickets are only for sale at the cash desk of Museum Speelklok or in the Utrecht Winkel / VVV on Domplein 9.