Malgosia Fiebig is the Dom Tower's carillonneur. She plays the carillon by hand on fixed days and at fixed times:
- Saturdays throughout the year 11 am – noon
- Fridays (from April until November) 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm
- 1 May (May Day) 7:30 pm – 8:30 pm
- 4 May (Remembrance of the Dead) 8:02 pm – 9 pm
- King's Day and Liberation Day 10 am – 11 am
- New Year's Eve 11:30 pm – midnight
The peal of the carillon can be heard throughout Utrecht's city centre.
In July and August, the traditional Summer Evening Carillon Concerts take place each Monday night. The final concert in August is always spectacular, with an often daring choice of music. In addition, the carillon is played on a number of other special occasions throughout the year, for example during the Old Music Festival.